GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

has anyone in uk/europe replaced their air box hoses?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Lazlokovacs
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Lazlokovacs

has anyone in uk/europe replaced their air box hoses? Empty
PostSubject: has anyone in uk/europe replaced their air box hoses?   has anyone in uk/europe replaced their air box hoses? Icon_minitime1Mon May 06, 2024 2:49 pm

Having read all the warnings about the clear airbox hoses splitting and potentially trashing one's exensive throttle bodies, has anyone in the uk or europe found a suitable replacement hose?

I'd hate to replace mine with something of unknown provenance off ebay which could potentially be worse than what's already on there.

Maybe it's only the americans and aussies who have the secret knowledge?

cheers
Back to top Go down
PJPR01
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
PJPR01

PostSubject: Re: has anyone in uk/europe replaced their air box hoses?   has anyone in uk/europe replaced their air box hoses? Icon_minitime1Mon May 06, 2024 3:49 pm

I found clear plastic tubing at my local ACE hardware store...it definitely isn't some super secret compound, as long as it has the right inner diameter, and it allows for breathing and a bit of oil overflow...you can always add a small hose clamp on the bib to keep it in place in case you have something with an inner diameter that is a bit large.

JohnA, Moto Guzzi virgin and Jankes like this post

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: has anyone in uk/europe replaced their air box hoses?   has anyone in uk/europe replaced their air box hoses? Icon_minitime1Mon May 06, 2024 4:05 pm

It doesn't need to be anything special. We just use clear plastic tubing used for stuff like hydroponic irrigation systems. It costs $3.00AU per metre or so.

This crap.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Michael 3D prints the plugs and I but the double wire spring clips off the bay of fleas at about $15 for 25 delivered, probably less. Anyway the cost is so inconsequential it's not worth remembering.

JohnA, PJPR01 and Jankes like this post

Back to top Go down
Lazlokovacs
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Lazlokovacs

PostSubject: Re: has anyone in uk/europe replaced their air box hoses?   has anyone in uk/europe replaced their air box hoses? Icon_minitime1Tue May 07, 2024 2:08 am

cheers guys,

so, if any old clear tube will do then how on earth did guzzi manage to supply the bikes with something that cracks and splits??

PJPR01 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: has anyone in uk/europe replaced their air box hoses?   has anyone in uk/europe replaced their air box hoses? Icon_minitime1Tue May 07, 2024 3:19 am

Because it was CHEAP of course!

PJPR01 and Jankes like this post

Back to top Go down
Lazlokovacs
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Lazlokovacs

PostSubject: Re: has anyone in uk/europe replaced their air box hoses?   has anyone in uk/europe replaced their air box hoses? Icon_minitime1Tue May 07, 2024 10:39 am

but how cheap does it need to be ffs!!!!!!!!

A bulk order of clear vinyl hose cannot break the bank

gaaaaaaaaaaagrrrrrrrrrrrr

at least thanks to this site we can make them bulletproof ourselves.

Back to top Go down
motografando
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
motografando

PostSubject: Re: has anyone in uk/europe replaced their air box hoses?   has anyone in uk/europe replaced their air box hoses? Icon_minitime1Tue May 07, 2024 11:50 pm

i placed a simple 6x10 black tube.
Back to top Go down
https://motografando.altervista.org/
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: has anyone in uk/europe replaced their air box hoses?   has anyone in uk/europe replaced their air box hoses? Icon_minitime1Wed May 08, 2024 3:49 am

The only reason to use clear hose is so you can see if there is any oil or water in it that needs draining out. It has to be plugged though to stop the ingress of dirt and dust. If you are running your oil at the correct level then there should be very little, if anything, in the tube.

Back to top Go down
Matias
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Matias

PostSubject: Re: has anyone in uk/europe replaced their air box hoses?   has anyone in uk/europe replaced their air box hoses? Icon_minitime1Wed May 08, 2024 6:12 am

I replaced mine 2 years ago with a silicon tube/hose I bought online.
I am very happy with it.
The size matches perfectly the spigots, it is very flexible (easy to route) but doesn't pinch easily, and it is heat resistant. It's not completely transparent, but it is translucid...You can see used oil through it....

Jankes likes this post

Back to top Go down
Matias
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Matias

PostSubject: Re: has anyone in uk/europe replaced their air box hoses?   has anyone in uk/europe replaced their air box hoses? Icon_minitime1Wed May 08, 2024 6:21 am

something like this....
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: has anyone in uk/europe replaced their air box hoses?   has anyone in uk/europe replaced their air box hoses? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

has anyone in uk/europe replaced their air box hoses?
Page 1 of 1