GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

ECU Code 56

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kubbie
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
kubbie

ECU Code 56 Empty
PostSubject: ECU Code 56   ECU Code 56 Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:30 am

Ok. I pulled the alternator belt cover to check the belt. It was loose. Tightened it up. Good to go.
I did unplug the ecu to get it out of my way. I also unpluged a 2 wire plug that goes to a box held in with a rubber boot above the ecu. Anybody have an idea what that is?

I also washed the bike earlier today. It was nasty. I have pulled the porkchop to get a better look at the wires from the speed sensor. They are not damaged in any way.

I also  noticed the neutral light was blinking while the bike was idling after putting everything back together.  That is when the RED TRIANGLE 🔺️ turned on. Are these issues related?  Or just coincidence?  Do I need to pull the sensor off the carc and W/D40 it?
Gotta letvit cool back down before I do anything else to the bike.
Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

ECU Code 56 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ECU Code 56   ECU Code 56 Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:26 pm

Fix speed sensor error and you should be good unless you want to backtrack your work. I have a can of DeOxit for just that occasion.
2 wires, rubber mount is the tip over sensor. Maybe it's the wash. Clean your sensor, should be good.

kubbie likes this post

Back to top Go down
kubbie
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
kubbie

ECU Code 56 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ECU Code 56   ECU Code 56 Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:51 pm

Tore everything I touched back apart, looked at it and gave the " I don't know shrug". Never touched the sensor or its wires. Guess the wheel comes off tomorrow. Thanks for the help.
Back to top Go down
kubbie
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
kubbie

ECU Code 56 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ECU Code 56   ECU Code 56 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:09 pm

Yup. Pulled the wheel. Pulled the sensor. Looked at it and the bike back together. Triangle stayed on until I put it in gear and the wheel started to turn. Numbers popped up on the speedo. It had been blank since this fiasco started.

Thanks for the help..

beetle likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ECU Code 56 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ECU Code 56   ECU Code 56 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

ECU Code 56
Page 1 of 1