GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Terrible news from Washington.

Go down 
+52
BowraBoy
FreshEgg
Gootzibird13
rboe
wyno
eighteight
Buellbloke
Converted Duc
bjor
Pawel Spoon
pjm
SMTCapeCod
BruPo
Svartipants
GuzziSteve
BigTime
janguzzi
Jaydubb
moto
Bill Dee
Bill Hagan
Nicollini
kindoy2
moby
Leone
Oz1200Guzzi
odder
Grisonut
Clancy
sideshowbob
Lazlokovacs
Richard
GNORTS
rick pope
WCB
bioman
PJPR01
ratso88
OldMojo
JohnA
Chris W
Nobleswood
LBC Tenni
MrBob
Papa Lazarou
marcdavo
lcjohnny
beetle
Speedfrog
Street
Mario
Pete Roper
56 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
BruPo
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
BruPo

Terrible news from Washington. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terrible news from Washington.   Terrible news from Washington. - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:59 am

Heartfelt condolences to all feeling this tragic loss.
Back to top Go down
http://www.brettcartwright.com
SMTCapeCod
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
SMTCapeCod

PostSubject: Re: Terrible news from Washington.   Terrible news from Washington. - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:19 pm

Well, shit.  Terrible news from Washington. - Page 3 1f614

Condolences to family and friends.  Suggest adding a note to the forum Calendar and possibly a push notification/message, for future observance if the forum carries on.

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
pjm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
pjm

PostSubject: Re: Terrible news from Washington.   Terrible news from Washington. - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:14 pm

Just read the terrible news,My condolences to family and friends

Back to top Go down
Pawel Spoon
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Pawel Spoon

PostSubject: Re: Terrible news from Washington.   Terrible news from Washington. - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:31 am

Terrible news
My condolences to family and friends !
Back to top Go down
bjor
Biondino
Biondino
bjor

PostSubject: Re: Terrible news from Washington.   Terrible news from Washington. - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:04 am

This was really sad to hear!

From what those of you who knew him are telling and from the way he acted on the Ghetto, he must have been a very special person!
Strange how some of us who never met him, still feels that we have lost a friend...
I think this shows how important a forum like this can be to us members, - provided it is managed the way this one has been!
I think we owe it to Steve to try and keep his spirit alive in the GRiSO Ghetto.

I guess those of you who were his closest friends, were exactly that for a reason, and you are probably the best to continue and manage his legacy.
But you would need help.

Rest in peace Steve, and warm thoughts are sent to your closest Friends and Family!

Leone likes this post

Back to top Go down
Converted Duc
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Converted Duc

PostSubject: Re: Terrible news from Washington.   Terrible news from Washington. - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:33 am

So very sad, rubbish news.
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Terrible news from Washington.   Terrible news from Washington. - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:43 pm

Like so many of us, I considered Steve one of my closest friends and I am having a hell of a time getting my head straight around this one. Every time it begins to sink in, I'm hit with another wave of grief and disbelief.

Some of my fondest memories are of Steve, Karl, Greg and myself riding together with Greg in the lead, showing us the best line to take, when to apply a little brake, how to get the most out of a nice twisty course – Greg made all three of us better riders.

That experience and that skill-building may have saved us a time or two.

One day, Steve, Karl and I took a ride over to the Olympic Peninsula and we were loving the day, carving up the curves as a perfectly synchronized unit, braking, accelerating and leaning in perfect harmony all day long. When we stopped for gas in Port Angeles, I mentioned that we had just crossed a street called Del Guzzi Drive a few blocks back and we should make a point of stopping on the way home to take a picture of the Guzzis all lined up in front of that sign. We all agreed it was a great idea and we continued on to Neah Bay, ate some lunch and rode back towards PA again. Steve was in front as we pulled into town, followed by me with Karl close behind. At the first stop light, I signaled to Steve and tried to yell over the rumble of the engines and the music playing inside his helmet, but he just shrugged his shoulders and mouthed, “I can't hear you”. The light turned green and we proceeded on to the next one where again, I tried to get his attention to remind him to stop and get that picture of us on Del Guzzi. Again, he shrugged, more frustratedly this time, and shook his head as the light turned green. The next light was coming up fast. Suddenly, a flash of understanding snapped across the synapses of Steve's brain as he glanced up and saw the sign, Del Guzzi Drive. “Oh, shit! Now I know what Pete was trying to tell me!”, he thought, as he slammed on the brakes of his 1200 GRiSO. “Oh FUCK!” I said to myself with bile rising in my throat, “I hope I can stop without running over him or crashing both of our bikes.” I leaned out over the handlebars to peek at my front tire as the brakes locked up and we came skidding to a stop, upright still, with my front just about to kiss his rear. In the next moment, I looked up at my mirrors to see Karl skidding to a panic stop behind me. Thank the Guzzi Gods that none of us went down, but our hearts were racing and we knew we'd just dodged a catastrophe. We never bothered to stop and take that picture, but we composed the headline that surely would have appeared in the next day's edition of the Peninsula Daily News: “Three Guzzi Pile-up on Del Guzzi Road!”

Sadly, we will never have another chance to take our picture at that spot, or any other. I have dozens of pictures of Steve on rides and at camp-outs, drinking Scotch on our patio, working on our bikes in my studio, helping me with countless of my projects and enjoying live music together. A month ago, I installed my latest project in Selah and Steve rode his GRiSO over from Moses Lake to help me for the day. It was brutally hot, at least 100º, but we had a great day together and got the job done. At the end of the day, Steve saddled up and rode to Randle to spend the weekend at the Deep Forest camp-out. And then, just two weeks ago, Steve and Starr and Esther and I and a couple of other friends of Steve's, Ed and Warren and his wife, sat together on the lawn at Marymoor Park to watch Alison Kraus and Robert Plant perform. Wonderful. The last memory I have of Steve alive is giving me one of his patented bear hugs as we packed up to leave the show and an exchange of, “I love you, Brother – I love you too, Brother”.

I miss him already, something fierce, every day.

Jellybean is going to miss him dearly too.

Terrible news from Washington. - Page 3 Steve_13

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
Terrible news from Washington. - Page 3 Signat16

WWW.REIQUAM.COM      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!

WCB, Bill Hagan, Clancy, Bill Dee, Buellbloke and Svartipants like this post

Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

PostSubject: Re: Terrible news from Washington.   Terrible news from Washington. - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:50 pm

That is a beautiful and funny story!!  Thanks Street!  cheers

Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: Terrible news from Washington.   Terrible news from Washington. - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:40 am

Respects Cool we had a few verbal engagments on the ghetto and PM's, he was good to me as far as this place goes gave respect and deserves it. Rest in peace mate you will surely be missed.

Back to top Go down
WCB
Biondino
Biondino
WCB

PostSubject: Re: Terrible news from Washington.   Terrible news from Washington. - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:27 am

Thanks for sharing that. One of a thousand stories I'm sure you guys could tell about Steve.

Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Terrible news from Washington.   Terrible news from Washington. - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:39 pm

I have some information about a viewing on Friday. If anyone would like that, please PM me. A more elaborate celebration of life will happen at some point down the road, but Starr and the family will need some time. I'll do my best to keep everyone informed.

As for the future of the Ghetto, that is another project that will require some time to sort out. Steve's brother is quite savvy with confusers and figures he may be able to work through some of the technicalities in due time. With his help on the technical side, I may be willing to nominate myself to take on the moderating/management duties as a way to honor my dear friend, but for now, much grieving has yet to be done.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Bill Hagan, lcjohnny, moby, Bill Dee and bjor like this post

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Terrible news from Washington.   Terrible news from Washington. - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:55 pm

Thanks Pete. Raise a glass for me at the wake.

I haven't contacted Starr yet. I will, but I'm thinking she will have her hands full right now and doesn't need the hassle of replying to strangers from half a world away.....

Bill Hagan and lcjohnny like this post

Back to top Go down
eighteight
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
eighteight

PostSubject: Re: Terrible news from Washington.   Terrible news from Washington. - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:02 am

Very sad to read this.

Best to all
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: Terrible news from Washington.   Terrible news from Washington. - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:52 pm

Very sad news. I passed it on to Michael Adams (Dungeon master) who used to be on here.
Back to top Go down
rboe
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
rboe

PostSubject: Re: Terrible news from Washington.   Terrible news from Washington. - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:25 pm

Well poop. Heard the news via a heads up on Facebook. Popped in here to confirm (did not look forward to that). Only knew him through this forum - good people.

A virtual hug to all his good buddies.

RIP
Back to top Go down
PJPR01
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
PJPR01

PostSubject: Re: Terrible news from Washington.   Terrible news from Washington. - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:07 pm

Very sorry to have read the news over the last week on a couple of sites. It seems to be a bad week with a few other riders passing away recently this week. My deep condolences for his family and friends...he seemed like a fantastic friend, hoping that time provides solace to his loved ones.
Back to top Go down
Gootzibird13
Biondino
Biondino
Gootzibird13

PostSubject: Re: Terrible news from Washington.   Terrible news from Washington. - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:54 pm

Condolences to friends and family. Seemed like a good friend to many. And one that had no problems stepping up to help out his fellow man.
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Terrible news from Washington.   Terrible news from Washington. - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:09 pm

I had completely forgotten about this video until Karl sent it to me last night. So, enough tears for today, how about a glimpse of a younger Steve being his silly self and enjoying life as he did right up until the end.

paulbrice, drburt, Bill Dee, bjor and Svartipants like this post

Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

PostSubject: Re: Terrible news from Washington.   Terrible news from Washington. - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:27 pm

That is a hoot. Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Terrible news from Washington.   Terrible news from Washington. - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:14 pm

Thanks Pete. That's fantastic.

Terrible news from Washington. - Page 3 85965210
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: Terrible news from Washington.   Terrible news from Washington. - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:13 am

Incredibly funny. Great to get a glimpse of his personality even if it’s from 1987.
Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
FreshEgg
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
FreshEgg

PostSubject: In Memorium   Terrible news from Washington. - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:59 pm

Dashed up to Moses Lake,WA after lunch yesterday to pay respects.

Lovely family. Lovely partner. Lovely friends.

Their note below summarizes a life well lived by a guy loved by many. The happy photo in front is particularly apt, having been taken shortly before Steve's demise.

Terrible news from Washington. - Page 3 Steve_11

Terrible news from Washington. - Page 3 Steve_10

Terrible news from Washington. - Page 3 Steve_12

Terrible news from Washington. - Page 3 Steve_13

beetle, LBC Tenni, lcjohnny, Clancy, drburt, Bill Dee, Pawel Spoon and like this post

Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Terrible news from Washington.   Terrible news from Washington. - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:13 pm

Thank you for posting that, Jin.

Back to top Go down
Nobleswood
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Nobleswood

PostSubject: Re: Terrible news from Washington.   Terrible news from Washington. - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:55 am

A great tribute.
Back to top Go down
BowraBoy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
BowraBoy

PostSubject: Re: Terrible news from Washington.   Terrible news from Washington. - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:13 pm

Very sad news indeed. Death can come to any of us at any time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Terrible news from Washington.   Terrible news from Washington. - Page 3 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Terrible news from Washington.
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next