GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

New GRiSO 8V, R NineT and CB1100 Review

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

New GRiSO 8V, R NineT and CB1100 Review Empty
PostSubject: New GRiSO 8V, R NineT and CB1100 Review   New GRiSO 8V, R NineT and CB1100 Review Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:09 am

Thought I would post for all of you if you have not come across this already:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2 out of three reviewers pick the GRiSO as their favorite bike. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
garyclem
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
garyclem

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO 8V, R NineT and CB1100 Review   New GRiSO 8V, R NineT and CB1100 Review Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:14 pm

many thanks for the link ............ I think they summed up the 3 bikes pretty well spot on, a fair and honest review ..... especially about the character and emotion arousing GRiSO compared to the characterless almost benign Honda ............. although not having ridden or even seen the beemer in the flesh, it probably sits somewhere in the middle
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO 8V, R NineT and CB1100 Review   New GRiSO 8V, R NineT and CB1100 Review Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:05 pm

I am annoyed that the GRiSO got relegated to getting corralled with those other two dullards.
Back to top Go down
rboe
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
rboe

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO 8V, R NineT and CB1100 Review   New GRiSO 8V, R NineT and CB1100 Review Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:23 pm

I own and ride the CB1100 and GRiSO (2012 SE) and feel they really short changed the Honda. In the attached video they seem to really like the CB then go on to regulate it to red headed step child status. Meh.

I've seen the BMW in person but have not ridden her; she is a looker for sure.

But a couple points; the GRiSO is no retro bike, that said it compares very well with the R9T but not the CB. The CB's focus is a relaxed rider pretty much in our age group who is more intent on taking it easy. Not unlike a Buick. Performance is not it's focus at all; the CBR, or you lucky devils that get them; the CB1300. So they ding the bike for being what it was designed to be! Idgits.

That said, the CB is superior to the GRiSO in the twisty bits, much better brakes, and for me, better ergo's. She does not do too bad in fast sweepers either. She is no dullard if you give her the coals.

That said, she does not have the satisfying locomotive drum of the Vtwin (at speed the exhaust does have a nice inline four sound that is not unlike a Ferrari - pretty sweet. I do prefer the GRiSO for touring. So far. Smile

But in many ways it's like asking, do you prefer red heads or blonds? Apples or oranges? So I keep both. But I think the R9T and GRiSO make for a better comparison. But retro? Please.

The CB is retro in looks only, handling wise it smokes the old bikes
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO 8V, R NineT and CB1100 Review   New GRiSO 8V, R NineT and CB1100 Review Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:22 pm

rboe wrote:
I own and ride the CB1100 and GRiSO (2012 SE) and feel they really short changed the Honda. In the attached video they seem to really like the CB then go on to regulate it to red headed step child status. Meh.

That said, the CB is superior to the GRiSO in the twisty bits, much better brakes, and for me, better ergo's. She does not do too bad in fast sweepers either. She is no dullard if you give her the coals.

I did have some issues with my GRiSO hanging in turns until I dropped the front to the 6th fork line.
Having done that I am going to presume my GRiSO is the better handling bike. Smile

DM
Back to top Go down
rboe
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
rboe

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO 8V, R NineT and CB1100 Review   New GRiSO 8V, R NineT and CB1100 Review Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:46 pm

Both handle better than my skill set. Smile I think if you rode both back to back the CB would be the easiest to ride, geometry and skinny tires. Those fat tires slow up the bike a lot.

But hey, it's all about enjoying YOUR ride (neither bike are racers) and there is a lot to like on both bikes.

Oh, the CB gets better mileage too...... Smile On the other hand, it's speed limited to 112mph (Japanese limit, have a tuner reflash it to remove it).
Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO 8V, R NineT and CB1100 Review   New GRiSO 8V, R NineT and CB1100 Review Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:06 pm

never been a Honda fan , but i like what the CB1300 is trying to accomplish ,although i will take my Bandit 12 for my Four cylinder flings.. its old enough "98" to be retro as well .. Cool

As far as the BMW  I would like to try one , i like the fact that they are light and probably do turn in quick ..
My GRiSO 1100 needs a rear shock ,that's a given.. a Matris for the spring ..but i must say its still a fun bike to flog in the corners, stable , meaty power and fun ...

As far as looks go IMO..The GRiSO kills the other two , the Honda looks kinda bland  and the R9T is just missing something for me ...
The GRiSO is not retro really, its a style that is its own .. they are unique ...
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO 8V, R NineT and CB1100 Review   New GRiSO 8V, R NineT and CB1100 Review Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:17 pm

rboe wrote:
Both handle better than my skill set. Smile I think if you rode both back to back the CB would be the easiest to ride, geometry and skinny tires. Those fat tires slow up the bike a lot.

But hey, it's all about enjoying YOUR ride (neither bike are racers) and there is a lot to like on both bikes.

Oh, the CB gets better mileage too...... Smile On the other hand, it's speed limited to 112mph (Japanese limit, have a tuner reflash it to remove it).

I would be very interested in a ride on the CB but.......
I have a Big Jones for a wicked triple. That I can drag my elbows with.
FZ09 or MV Rivale. sigh.
Back to top Go down
rboe
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
rboe

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO 8V, R NineT and CB1100 Review   New GRiSO 8V, R NineT and CB1100 Review Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:46 am

Yup, the CB would be the wrong bike for you for sure. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO 8V, R NineT and CB1100 Review   New GRiSO 8V, R NineT and CB1100 Review Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

New GRiSO 8V, R NineT and CB1100 Review
Page 1 of 1